Anger is an emotion to inform you that in some ways you have felt threatened. Learning to identify the emotion and the root cause will help you find new strategies to deal with the situation.
• Once you notice anger has been triggered, take a moment to sit down and breath.
• Quiet down your inner warrior
• Focus on slowing your thoughts and reaction rather than on the external cause of the emotion
• Take responsibility for your feelings to avoid falling in the blaming trap
• Stand in the other person’s shoes and explore their perspective
• Give up on your need to win or your fantasies of revenge
• Commit to creating a collaborative solution with those involve